Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fearless


Yet another wonderful book from Max Lucado. I decided to use this as my Bible Study for the past couple weeks and I am glad that I did. Not only did I learn more about myself, but I also learned the different fears holding me back from fully living my life in Christ. Max has a wonderful blend of stories and explanation of fear. He brought other stories in to mix with the Biblical truths. It was great to relate my fears with those that have faced something in their past. It made understanding my fears so much easier. And one of my favorite things about Max’s books is the Study Guide in each of them at the back of the book. I love how even though I have read the same scripture passages time and time again, by reading one of his books, I find a new meaning to it and they stick better with me. At the end of each study guide, there is a little challenge for you. I found those helpful each day to help focus on my walk with Jesus. And each chapter is dedicated to a fear that keeps us from entering full surrender to Christ. Breaking them down like that, helped recognized the areas in my life that need a lot more help and prayerful thought. Fearless is a great addition to the Max Lucado library and I highly recommend picking it up. For more information, check out: Max website here or Thomas Nelson website here.

0 comments:

Ahoy! Thanks for stopping by. Sometimes life should be an open book and here you will find that true. My mind is always on full speed and I will be heading over many waves. I hope this journey is as much of an adventure for you as it is for me~ ~Mindy